On April 1， 2004， Japan Agricultural Development and Extension Association(JADEA) was merged with Agricultural Improvement Fund Association and Rural Life Research Institute.
Now， JADEA assumes the following responsibilities:
1) dealing with information regarding the extension services(including the home life improvement services in rural communities);
2) conducting surveys and research on the services; and
3) contracting the management of financial affairs of funds designed not only for improving agricultural practices， but also for those who will start farming for the first time.
We are sure that those contribute to developing and extending advanced techniques of both farming and farm management， which bring about 1）agricultural development in Japan ， 2) the stability of farm management， and 3) the improvement of rural life. This is the ultimate purpose of our association.
More specifically， we carry out the following services to support extension activities which are conducted according to the new extension services.
(1) Improvement and operation of the extension information system in which we collect, process, and release information about the extension services and the lending services
(2) Surveys and research on the extension services and the lending services
(3) Contract with the management of the lending services, and support of the streamline of the business affairs
(4) Publications about the extension services and the lending services
(5) Lecture and study meetings about the extension services and the lending services
(6) Support to farmers activities involved in the extension services
(7) Promotion of international exchange programs of extension workers, as well as technical cooperation associated with the extension services
(8) Support to extension workers who improve their capabilities themselves
(9) Other services which are needed to fulfill our purposes